5 Tips On Preventing Sun Damage
May 8th, 2018 2:35pm
We love the warmth of summer and the glow our skin gets from a day in the sunshine. But too much sun can damage your skin, age your skin prematurely or worse, lead to skin cancer.
The good news is, sun damage is preventable. We’ve put together a few tips on how you can protect your skin while you enjoy the summer sun.
· Wear sunscreen. It’s recommended that you use at least 30 SPF – though, if you really want to protect your skin, go with 50 SPF or more. Be sure to reapply it throughout the day as needed. You should apply your sunscreen about 20-30 minutes before you head out in to the sun so your skin can properly absorb it. Remember to apply along your hair part and on the top of your ears as well. If you wear foundation makeup, look for formulations that do double-duty by offering SPF protection.
· Don’t forget about your lips! Your lips can also experience sun damage. Look for a lip balm that offers at least 30 SPF protection.
· Check the time. Be aware that UV rays are strongest between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Either avoid spending a large amount of time outside during this time period or make sure you’ve got plenty of SPF protection.
· Cover up. Along with wearing a hat to protect your face, you can also add some sun-protective clothing to your summer wardrobe (including swimwear) made of special fabrics that block harmful UV rays.
· Go faux. If you want to look sun-bronzed without the sun damage, opt for a fake tan instead. Whether you do it yourself or go to a professional, you can still get that summertime glow without harming your skin. Just remember that a fake tan doesn’t offer sun protection so you’ll still need to apply sunscreen.
CLINIQUE DE MODE +
Hours of Operation
- Sunday - Closed
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Wednesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Thursday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Friday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Saturday - 10:00a - 5:00p
By Appointment Only