Ask Christina: Why Is Vitamin C Important For My Skin?
April 19th, 2018 6:25pm
Not only does vitamin C (aka L. Asorbic Acid) help protect your immune system against disease, it also plays an important role in keeping your complexion bright and healthy. As an antioxidant, this popular vitamin helps to even out your skin tone, improve hydration and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
While you can get your vitamin C by taking supplements or eating C-rich foods like citrus fruits, strawberries, tomatoes, brussels sprouts and dark leafy greens, you can also find it in numerous skincare products. A good vitamin C serum and moisturizer can help protect your skin from the effects of sun damage, increase collagen production (and we know how important collagen is to reducing those fine lines and wrinkles!) as well as reduce the appearance of those dreaded age spots.
If you’re not using vitamin C topically already, there are a few ways you can start incorporating it into your skincare routine:
· Serum. Apply before your day or night moisturizer. Just a small amount will go a long way.
· Moisturizer. You’ll be well on your way to brighter, more evenly-toned skin with a moisturizer containing vitamin C.
· Mask. A mask infused with vitamin C is a quick and easy way to leave your skin glowing and radiant!
One thing to note – if you have sensitive skin and are also using products with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) or a beta hydroxyl acid (BHA), avoid skin irritation by using them at different times than you use your vitamin C products.
Category: Ask Christina
CLINIQUE DE MODE +
750 Queen Street East
Toronto | M4M 1H4
Hours of Operation
- Sunday - Closed
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Wednesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Thursday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Friday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Saturday - 10:00a - 5:00p
By Appointment Only