Getting Your Skin Ready For Wedding Season
April 30th, 2018 9:24pm
Whether you’re a bride- or groom-to-be, part of the wedding party or an invited guest, put your best face forward with some pre-wedding skin care prep (you want to look great in all those photos, don’t you?).
Here are a few suggestions to help ensure your skin looks its best on that special day:
· Hold off on invasive cosmetic procedures. If the wedding is coming up in the next month or so, it’s not the best time to do more invasive procedures like an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment. (It’s also better to do IPL in the fall/winter months when you won’t be as exposed to sunlight which can cause discolouration). Instead, opt for a gentle exfoliating or brightening facial.
· Resist the urge to pick those blemishes! Of course, this is something you should avoid doing at any time, not just before a special event. Be aware of any foods (e.g. dairy) that might trigger acne and avoid them in the weeks leading up to the wedding.
· Keep your beauty tools clean. If you use makeup brushes or sponges, be sure to clean them after each use to avoid spreading acne-causing bacteria.
· Save new products for after the wedding. The day before the wedding isn’t the time to try out those new skin care or makeup products.
· Cut back on alcohol. This might be a tricky one what with all of the pre-wedding parties and showers… but your skin will thank you for saving it from looking puffy and dehydrated. Alcohol is also a trigger for rosacea. Drink plenty of water. Not only will drinking water help rid your body and skin of toxins, it will also help to give you a healthy glow
CLINIQUE DE MODE +
750 Queen Street East
Toronto | M4M 1H4
Hours of Operation
- Sunday - Closed
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Wednesday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Thursday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Friday - 11:00a - 7:00p
- Saturday - 10:00a - 5:00p
By Appointment Only